Lona Bartlett is a performance artist, storyteller, puppeteer and educator. She has performed internationally, been involved with multimedia productions. She performs and educates at schools, libraries, conferences, churches, festivals, corporate and special events.
Lona's varied background, heritage and talent give way to a long list of presentations. She often states, “I’m English, Irish, German, Dutch, Scottish and Native American; everybody got along in my family.” Lona brings excitement to History as well as Celtic and traditional stories like Cinderella. Having grown up on a farm in the Catskill Mountains and parents being born in the early 1900’s, Lona has a special insight on years past. In Lona’s opinion, we are traveling a journey therefore; life is all about the story. “Have fun or go home”, she proclaims, “In my family we believe, if you lived it and survived it, find a way to laugh about it”. Willy Claflin (and Maynard) says about Lona’s storytelling, "Lona Bartlett is funny, very expressive, and she really connects with her audience. She's a real pleasure to listen to. And wait until you hear her Moose Call!"
A 4th grade student states about Lona’s historical stories, “I liked those stories so much, I wish you could tell us more. When will you be back again?” Deborah Hastings, a 1st grade teacher writes, “When Lona Bartlett visits, it's as though we're transported to a magical place. Time stops and students forget that they are learning. Her lessons are engaging, inspiring, memorable, and fun. Our students and staff always look forward to seeing Mrs. Bartlett. Lona Bartlett has that special something. She is truly amazing!”
Ms. Bartlett holds degrees in Education and has served as President, Executive Advisor and Conference Director for several creative arts organizations. She has even been a campaign manager for a North Carolina state wide campaign. Lona’s scripts and puppet creations span four continents.
The Charlotte Observer sums up with simply this: “She tells a good story!”
What's up my sleeve this year:
- President of the North Carolina Storytelling Guild
- Storytelling and puppetizing here there and everywhere!
- Worked with 12 different schools (several times in the same school) during the 2011-2012 school year.
- Taught workshops for the South Carolina Baptist Convention Creative Arts Conference
- Teaching Artist with the Blumenthal Theater
- Received grants from the ASC of Charlotte Mecklenburg to work as a teaching artist with several grades in four different schools.
- Still married to Steven. Yes, I am in love!!
- Empty nesting...had no idea that would include caring for my granimal. Buddy, a rescue dog that is part beagle and daschund.
- Doing some writing.